Amegy Bank of Texas is bank in the US that operates in the state of Texas. It is a subsidiary of Zions Bancorporation. The bank is headquartered in Houston.
By 2005, the bank was the largest in Houston despite being relatively new. It’s assets had reached $11 billion by 2010 and it had 80 branch offices in the state of Texas. The bank was also employing around 2000 people by that time.
The bank’s assets have now grown to $14 billion and it currently has more than 75 branches which are located in the metropolitan areas of:
- San Antonio
Affirming its commitment to good customer service, the bank has more than200 calling officers.
The bank’s parent company is headquartered in Utah, in Salt Lake City. It is one of the largest banks in the country, with subsidiaries that collectively control assets valued at approximately $63 billion.
History of Amegy Bank
The history of Amegy Bank only goes back to 1989 when The Northwest Crossing National Bank was established. This makes the bank relatively new. A few things to not about the bank’s history are:
- At the time the bank was launched, it had assets valued at around $50 million.
- The bank’s name was changed to Southwest Bank of Texas after the arrival of Walter Johnson at the company.
- The bank had a second capital offering in late 1992. However, its first public offering would have to wait until 1997.
- It was announced that the Southwest Bank of Texas would be changing its name to Amegy Bank of Texas in January 2005.
- The bank had been trading in the NASDAQ under the symbol SWBT. This was changed to ANBK after the name change.
- In 2005, it was announced that Zions Bancorporation was going to acquire Amegy Bancorp.
- Zions paid around $1.7 billion which was in both cash and stock.
- In 2007, the bank acquired InterContinental National Bank of San Antonio.
Amegy Bank Headquarters
The headquarters of Amegy Bank are located at Five Post Oak Park which is located in Houston, TX. The skyscraper is a Class A office building that’s located in the Post Oak Park business park.
Work on the building was originally started by The Winter Company and finished in 1982. The building has 28 stories and sits on 3.8 acres of land.
The building has more than 560,000 square feet of space within it and its parking garage stall can take up to 1673 vehicles.
The building is located close to Uptown Houston and is also inside the 610 Loop. It’s also near Tanglewood and River Oaks.
Before the bank moved its headquarters into the building, it had its offices in the ICA Center which is across the street from the current building. The bank was there for two years before switching locations with Heritage Bank which was already a tenant inside Five Post Oak Park.
The bank initially leased five floors in the building. There is restaurant space on the ground floor of the building. The elevator lobby is on the second floor which is connected to the parking garage by a sky bridge.
Amegy Bank Headquarters Address
Five Post Oak Park, 4400 Post Oak Park Dr, Houston, TX 77027, USA